Level 2 Apprenticeship – Healthcare Cleaning Operative
Level 2 Healthcare Cleaning Operative Apprenticeship is suitable for workers in healthcare and hygiene environments that require specific attention to infection control, safety and sanitation for the health and wellbeing of service users.
This includes a range of both public and private sector environments that require high levels of cleanliness to avoid the growth of bacteria and the spread of diseases and viruses.
The Healthcare Cleaning Operative may also work in establishments that require cleaning to a healthcare standard to prevent adverse effects on the health of high-risk service users.
For those undertaking this apprenticeship, their role must solely be for the purpose of cleaning such areas and they must be able to achieve the full breadth of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to successfully complete this apprenticeship within their everyday role.
What Is The Equivalent Of A Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship?
A level 2 apprenticeship is often referred to as an intermediate level apprenticeship. Level 2 is normally agreed to be the equivalent or 5 GCSE passes. As this is the lowest level of apprenticeship available. There is generally no eligibility criteria for application. However, you will need to demonstrate you have the ability to complete the course. You will need to be over 16 years old to be able to apply.
Level 2 Healthcare Cleaning Operative Apprenticeship
- Duration: 12 months
- Qualification: Level 2 Healthcare Cleaning Operative
Providing a hygienically clean healthcare environment in which service users, staff and other users can thrive, work and develop.
- Care homes where the operative uses a range of cleaning methods
- Doctors / dentist surgeries where the operative role includes the cleaning of service user equipment
- Healthcare settings within prisons and schools where a range of cleaning methods are used and equipment used for providing a healthcare service is also cleaned
- Large childcare settings where cleaning operatives are responsible for deep cleans and cleaning service user equipment such as children’s toys
- Leisure facilities where the operative cleans areas, including the poolside and changing rooms
- Large first aid facilities in establishments such as airports where the cleaning operative has a broad range of duties
Establishments this Apprenticeship is not suitable for include:
- School areas unrelated to healthcare settings
- Any healthcare setting where the operative is not able to achieve the full breadth of knowledge, skills and behaviours required to successfully complete this Apprenticeship within their everyday role
Level 2 Apprenticeship Healthcare Cleaning Operative Entry Requirements
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to take the tests for this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
Level 2 Diploma Healthcare Cleaning Operative Apprenticeship
To find out more about our level 2 leader healthcare cleaning apprenticeship or any other health and social care apprentice scheme opportunities, please contact us using the form below.