Level 3 Apprenticeship – Business Administration
Business administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike; from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector.
The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services.
Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested. The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
What Is The Equivalent Of A Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship?
Advanced apprenticeships are also known as level 3 apprenticeships and are equivalent to completing 2 A-levels. Often following on from an intermediate apprenticeship, advanced apprenticeships offer further training and qualifications, more money, and the chance to move on to both higher and degree apprenticeships in the future.
Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and own time, problem-solving skills, decision-making and the potential for people management responsibilities through mentoring or coaching others.
On completion of the Level 3 Business Admin qualification learners will be able to understand
- organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future, resources and the way that the political/economic environment affects the organisation.
- organisational structure and demonstrates understanding of how their work benefits the organisation. Knows how they fit within their team and recognises how their skills can help them to progress their career.
- managing stakeholders and their differing relationships to an organisation. This includes internal and external customers, clients and/or suppliers. Liaises with internal/external customers, suppliers or stakeholders from inside or outside the UK. Engages and fosters relationships with suppliers and partner organisations.
- laws and regulations that apply to their role including data protection, health & safety, compliance etc. Supports the company in applying the regulations.
- the organisation’s internal policies and key business policies relating to sector.
- the applicability of business principles such as managing change, business finances and project management.
- the organisation’s processes, e.g. making payments or processing customer data. Is able to review processes autonomously and make suggestions for improvements. Applying a solutions-based approach to improve business processes and helping define procedures. Understands how to administer billing, process invoices and purchase orders.
- relevant external factors e.g. market forces, policy & regulatory changes, supply chain etc. and the wider business impact). Where necessary understands the international/global market in which the employing organisation is placed.
The Level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship will typically take between 12 and 18 months to complete.
This apprenticeship standard is at Level 3.
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
To find out more about our level 3 business administration apprenticeship or any other health and social care apprentice scheme opportunities, please contact us using the form below.