Level 3 Apprenticeship – Customer Service Specialist
You are an advocate of Customer Service who acts as a referral point for dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries. You are often an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems.
As an expert in your organisation’s products and/or services, you share knowledge with your wider team and colleagues.
You gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service.
Utilising both organisational and generic IT systems to carry out your role with an awareness of other digital technologies. This could be in many types of environment including contact centres, retail, webchat, service industry or any customer service point.
What Is The Equivalent Of A Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship?
Advanced apprenticeships are also known as level 3 apprenticeships and are equivalent to completing 2 A-levels. Often following on from an intermediate apprenticeship, advanced apprenticeships offer further training and qualifications, more money, and the chance to move on to both higher and degree apprenticeships in the future.
Level 3 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship
Business Knowledge and Understanding
- Understand what continuous improvement means in a service environment and how your recommendations for change impact your organisation
- Understand the impact your service provision has on the wider organisation and the value it adds
- Understand your organisation’s current business strategy in relation to customers and make recommendations for its future
- Understand the principles and benefits of being able to think about the future when taking action or making service related decisions
- Understand a range of leadership styles and apply them successfully in a customer service environment
Customer Journey knowledge
- Understand and critically evaluate the possible journeys of your customers, including challenges and the end-to-end experience
- Understand the reasons why customer issues and complex situations sometimes need referral or escalation for specialist attention
- Understand the underpinning business processes that support you in bringing about the best outcome for customers and your organisation
- Understand commercial factors and authority limits for delivering the required customer experience
Knowing your customers and their needs/ Customer Insight
- Know your internal and external customers and how their behaviour may require different approaches from you
- Understand how to analyse, use and present a range of information to provide customer insight
- Understand what drives loyalty, retention and satisfaction and how they impact on your organisation
- Understand different customer types and the role of emotions in bringing about a successful outcome
- Understand how customer expectations can differ between cultures, ages and social profiles
Customer service culture and environment awareness
- Keep current, knowledge and understanding of regulatory considerations, drivers and impacts in relation to how you deliver for customers
- Understand your business environment and culture and the position of customer service within it
- Understand your organisation structure and what role each department needs to play in delivering Customer Service and what the consequences are should things go wrong
- Understand how to find and use industry best practice to enhance your own knowledge
The Level 3 Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship will take typically 15 months to complete depending on experience.
Organisations will set their own entry criteria and are more likely to select individuals with more advanced inter- personal skills, experience of working with customers in some capacity. You must achieve level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end point assessment.
Link to professional registration:
Completion of this Level 3 Customer Service Specialist apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level. Should you choose to progress on a customer service career path, you may be eligible for further professional membership including management.
Level 3 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship
To find out more about our level 3 customer service specialist apprenticeship or any other health and social care apprentice scheme opportunities, please contact us using the form below.