Level 5 Apprenticeship – Operations Manager
An Operations or departmental manager is someone who manages teams and/or projects, and achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives, as part of the delivery of the organisations strategy.
They are accountable to a more senior manager or business owner.
Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities and job titles will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same.
Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, coaching and mentoring.
Typical job titles:
Typical job titles: Operations manager, Regional manager, Divisional manager, Department manager and Specialist managers
The entry requirement for this Level 5 Operations Manager apprenticeship will be decided by each employer, but may typically be five GCSEs at Grade C or higher.
On completion of the Level 5 Operations Manager qualification learners will be able to
- communicate organisational vision and goals and how these to apply to teams.
- support development through coaching and mentoring, and enable and support high performance working. Able to support the management of change within the organisation.
- manage talent and performance. Develop, build and motivate teams by identifying their strengths and enabling development within the workplace. Able to delegate and enable delivery though others.
- build trust, and use effective negotiation and influencing skills and manage conflict.
- identify and share good practice, and work collaboratively with others both inside and outside of the organisation. Use of specialist advice and support to deliver against plans.
- communicate effectively (verbal, non-verbal, written, digital) and be flexible in communication style. Able to chair meetings and present using a range of media.
- use active listening, and able to challenge and give constructive feedback.
Typically this Level 5 Operations Manager apprenticeship will take 2 ½ years.
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
On completion, Level 5 Operations Manager apprentices can register as full members with the Chartered management institute and/or the Institute of leadership and management, and those with 3 years’ of management experience can apply for Chartered manager status through the CMI.
Level 5 Operations Manager Apprenticeship
To find out more about our level 5 operations manager apprenticeship or any other health and social care apprentice scheme opportunities, please contact us using the form below.